Common Question 3: Password/Expiration Date/Switching Lines
If you encounter the following problems, please log in to the management interface to deal with them:
You want to change the Wi-Fi name and password of MEIHUA, or you accidentally forget the password and want to reset it. Check the expiration date of your MEIHUA or check whether the expiration date of MEIHUA is postponed after recharging. Fix the MEIHUA VPN/IP address to a line in a certain country.
Q3-0 How to enter the management interface?
Connect to MEIHUA via Wi-Fi or network cable using your phone or computer. Visit http://192.168.101.1 or http://10.101.101.1 with your browser. The username and password are both admin. Login.
Q3-1: What if I cannot open 192.168.101.1 or the displayed interface is not the MEIHUA management interface?
If you cannot open http://192.168.101.1 or the displayed interface is not the MEIHUA management interface, try to open http://10.101.101.1
Check if your terminal is connected to the MEIHUA Wi-Fi.
Disconnect the network cable on LAN1 and LAN2 of the MEIHUA home version and reconnect to MEIHUA Wi-Fi, then try again.
Q3-2: How to change the default Wi-Fi name and password?
The default Wi-Fi name is MEIHUA-XXXX and the password is 12345678.
For the home version, please refer to the following steps:
- Refer to Q3-0 to log in to the MEIHUA management interface.
- Click on the "Network - Wireless" option and enter the modification page, follow the prompts, and then SAVE to take effect. It is recommended to use "English numbers and letter combinations" for the name and password, without Chinese or special characters.
For the portable version, please refer to the following steps:
- Connect to the MEIHUA-XXXX wireless network with the default password.
- Follow the instructions in the manual (or the "User Manual" on this website) to bind a nearby Wi-Fi.
- Visit http://192.168.101.1 with your browser.
- Click on the "Change Password" option to enter the modification page, and follow the prompts. It is recommended to use "English numbers and letter combinations" for the name and password, without Chinese or special characters.
Q3-3: What if I forget the password?
Default Wi-Fi name is MEIHUA-XXXX, password is 12345678.
If you have modified the default Wi-Fi name or password, you can restore them by resetting the router.
I. Resetting Home Version VPN router
Method 1: Use a thin object to press and hold the reset pinhole on the back of the MEIHUA router for 10 seconds, then release it. The router will automatically restart . During the process, do not turn off the power.
Method 2: You need to connect your computer to the home version VPN router's LAN1 port via a network cable.
- Download the reset file from [here], keep the original file without decompression.
- Disconnect the router's power supply, press and hold the reset button on the back of the router, and then reinsert the power supply. Keep pressing the reset button for 10 seconds until the router indicator light stabilizes.
- Connect the computer to the router's LAN1 port via a network cable, and set the computer's IP address to 192.168.101.2/255.255.255.0.
- Use a browser to access http://192.168.101.1.
- Select the reset file you just downloaded, upload it, and click continue. The router will be reset, do not disconnect the power during the reset process.
- After the reset is completed, all settings will be restored to the factory state. Please use the default password 12345678 to connect to MEIHUA-XXX.
II. Resetting Portable Version VPN dongle
Be sure to use a standard USB power supply interface of 5V1A, do not use a quick charging interface of 9V or higher voltage.
- Download the required reset file from [here], and keep it for later use without decompression.
- Insert the portable version into the USB power supply port, and the blue indicator light will flash quickly for 5 seconds. Within these 5 seconds, unplug the portable version VPN dongle. Then, plug in the USB power supply port again (be sure to pay attention to the timing of the power off, you can try it several times; the rapid flashing is different from the slow flashing after stabilization).
- Search and connect to an open wireless network RECOVERY-XXXX.
- Use a browser to access http://192.168.101.1.
- Select the reset file you just downloaded, upload it, and click continue. The portable version VPN dongle will be reset, do not disconnect the power during the reset process.
- After the reset is completed, all settings will be restored to the factory state. Please use the default password 12345678 to connect to MEIHUA-XXXX.
Q3-4: Is the usage period of the product calculated from the purchase date or from the start of use online?
It is calculated from the first time it goes online, and the service cannot be paused during the validity period. After the validity period, you can recharge and activate it at any time. That is, the validity period does not require continuous use, recharge as you go.
Q3-5: How to check the expiration date?
According to the guidelines of Q3-0, by logging into the management interface of Meihua, you can view the expiration date of your product.
For the home version VPN router:
- Log in to the Meihua management interface.
- Click on "Advance" and then select "VPN" to view related information. "VPN Valid Thru" represents the expiration date of the VPN service.
- Click on the "Extend Service" button to automatically go to the value-added renewal page and automatically enter the local serial number.
For the portable version VPN dongle:
- Click on "About" to view related information about the expiration date. "VPN Valid Thru" represents the expiration date of the VPN service.
- Click on the "Extend Service" button to automatically go to the recharge renewal page and automatically enter the local serial number.
- You can also see the "Serial Number" on this page, which represents the unique serial number of the device. The serial number is the voucher for future recharges. It is recommended to keep a record of the serial number or post it on the product surface for future reference.
- If the browser redirects to the firmware update page, please follow the instructions on the page to complete the update.
Q3-6: Why hasn't the expiration date been updated after the recharge is completed?
The validity period displayed on the Meihua router may be delayed. Wait for an hour or restart the power to update it immediately.
If the display is not updated after re-plugging in or the red light is still blinking, it is usually because the recharge order has not been successfully paid (after recharging, you need to see the "Thank you" page prompt and receive an email with the order number starting with #MH to confirm that the recharge is successful).
Q3-7: After the product is overdue, the red light flashes, and I cannot access the external network. How can I access the Meihua official website to recharge?
The Meihua official website cannot be accessed in mainland China. So, how can I recharge on the Meihua official website once my Meihua has expired? Don't worry, Meihua's design takes this into account. Therefore, even if the Meihua is overdue and the red light is on, and other overseas websites cannot be accessed, as long as the terminal connected to the Meihua is still connected correctly according to the instructions, it can still access the Meihua official website (printed on the product surface). Of course, you can also use other VPN software to access the Meihua official website to recharge. Please switch your other VPN software to "Global Proxy" mode.
Q3-8: Which countries' lines are available? How to switch countries?
At present, Meihua provides 5 national lines including Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, the United States, and the United Kingdom (Europe). You can switch countries as needed.
Preparation: Follow the guidelines of Q3-0 to log in to the Meihua management interface.
For the home version VPN router: Click on "Advance" and then select "VPN" and then select "Manual Mode," select the "Region," and then click "SAVE."
For the portable version VPN dongle: Click on "Select VPN mode," select "Manual Mode," select the "Region," click on the "VPN mode" in the upper-left corner, and then click "Apply."
You can use http://whatismyip.akamai.com/advanced to view the IP and location (line IP address and country) currently in use.
Q3-9: How to switch Meihua's "Global Proxy" mode?
The manual mode is equivalent to the "Global Proxy" mode, please refer to Q3-8 for setting instructions.
MEIHUA VPN provides three working modes for users to choose from:
Auto, the default mode, uses all regional lines and automatically selects the best option. In the China region, only traffic to overseas websites goes through VPN; in non-China regions, all website traffic goes through VPN.
Tor, all website traffic is anonymized through the TOR network.
Manual, users can fix the line region and all website traffic goes through VPN, which may affect the access speed.