Common issue 1: Cannot access the Internet
If you encounter a situation where MEIHUA cannot access the external network, please first check the status of the MEIHUA indicator light. The meanings of the indicator lights for the home version and portable version are exactly the same. Only when the blue indicator light is on and not blinking continuously, does it mean that MEIHUA is correctly connected and can be used normally.
If the red indicator light is flashing slowly, it means that the VPN service has expired. After recharging and renewing on the MEIHUA official website, it will be immediately activated. The MEIHUA website address is printed on the product surface.
If the blue indicator light is flashing slowly, it means that MEIHUA cannot access the Internet. Please refer to the following situations and their corresponding solutions.
Q1-1: After connecting the home version according to the instructions, why still can't access the Internet?
Check the following in order:
1. Confirm that the network cable is connected correctly. Check that one end of the network cable is connected to the WAN port of MEIHUA, and the other end is connected to the LAN port of the original router.
2. Confirm that the network cable is in place. Check that both ends are firmly connected, and the green indicator light on the WAN port of MEIHUA is always on.
3. Replace the network cable head that was plugged into another LAN port on the original router into a different LAN port.
4. Turn off and restart the optical modem and router in your home.
5. If the LAN1 and LAN2 ports of MEIHUA are connected with network cables, unplug the network cables from these two LAN ports, and keep only the WAN port of MEIHUA connected with the network cable.
6. Replace with a higher-quality network cable.
7. Refer to the setup manual of the original router to allow MEIHUA to access the Internet and have permission to access the Internet.
Q1-2: After setting up the portable version according to the instructions, why still can't access the Internet?
Only when the blue indicator light is on continuously does it indicate that the binding with the surrounding Wi-Fi is successful. Sometimes the operation of binding to the surrounding Wi-Fi is completed, and a successful prompt is seen on the page, but as long as the blue indicator light is flashing slowly, it means that the binding has not been successful.
The reason for the unsuccessful binding may be an incorrect password: please confirm the correct password before proceeding with the binding operation.
To verify the binding process, you can turn on the "personal hotspot" on another phone, and set the name and password to abcd1234. Then, follow the instructions in the manual to operate MEIHUA to bind to this phone's "personal hotspot" and see if it can be used normally for accessing the Internet.
It may be that the original optical modem and Internet router in your home are not working properly. You can try restarting these devices and then trying again.
It may be that the router for the bound Wi-Fi has enabled MAC address filtering: refer to the setup manual for the original Wi-Fi router to disable MAC address filtering.
Q1-3: Can't find the Wi-Fi name of the portable version, and RECOVERY-XXXX appears in the Wi-Fi list. What's the situation?
This is because the Recovery mode is entered due to an operation error (too fast plugging and unplugging). Just unplug MEIHUA and plug it in again to recover.